BIOS leveraged their in-country, Gartner-recognized cloud solution called CloudHPT to build a DRaaS solution.
Adopting BIOS DRaaS solutions instead of purchasing hardware and software (HW/SW) solutions to build capabilities in-house can generate significant value efficiencies. After implementing BIOS DRaaS solutions, the customer realised a number of significant benefits, including savings of over $1 million.
6 ways BIOS DRaaS helped:
- From a five-year analysis tracking return on investment (ROI) and total cost of ownership (TCO), it was apparent that BIOS DRaaS solution realized savings of $1 million+ as compared to buying HW/SW and building and maintaining in-house server infrastructure.
- BIOS DRaaS is hosted in the UAE to comply with UAE data sovereignty laws.
- CapEx costs on the purchase of specialised IT hardware (such as servers, storage and networking) and on associated annual warranty renewal costs.
- The solution monitors the replication, manages the whole infrastructure up to OS level, and reduces IT overhead costs.
- Testing on demand for compliance reasons.
- The solution replicates about 170 critical servers and over 90+ TB of data across the group’s operations from retail stores to finance and loyalty cards.
By all accounts, hybrid working patterns are here to stay. Vaccines have been rolled out and employees are returning to their offices, but new variants and uncertain business conditions will require IT teams to provide business continuity through the new normal.
At BIOS we continue to demonstrate the value of DRaaS to numerous clients across the GCC. As we continue into an unknown business environment, securing operations will remain a key priority – and BIOS is here to help.
For more information, click here.